Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Quechup: Genuine social network, questionable recruiting

Quechup has been making the news as the cool new social network. Having received an invitation by a couple of colleagues from the Second Life Researcher listserv, I felt so special! Well, my happy bubble just exploded this morning.

According to TechBlog, BoingBoing and Mashable (I even searched Technorati and Twitter on it), Quechup starts spamming your address book as soon as you are done registering. Some victims have even seen their Gmail account suspended for spamming suspicions!

So to avoid embarrassing situations and email overload, just say "no" to Quechup.

(I am now off to email all warnings about Quechup ...and dismiss whatever looked like an email from me (Quechup does recruit from your address book using your name) inviting to join Quechup.)

Good point about ethical practices in social networks.

S.

No comments: