Monday, October 8, 2007

Second Life educator tools

ok, brag time's on:
I am so excited with these little gadgets that I went to bed way too.....early the next day (that's when I wonder if Second Life is indeed working at taking over my first life). Anyway.

1-I've got a "beach ball" looking prim that I suspended in mid-air in my SL office. The ball is an instrument for survey/test/quiz use that emails the answers directly to the address I programmed it with. Results: I get the answers to my survey/quiz/test immediately sent to my personal email.

2-I set a "suggestion box" on my office's table that accepts notecards. The box, in fact, can be used as a dropoff location for assignments. Students write their assignments on a notecard that they create in their inventory, save and drag onto the box. Done. I show up and collect the notecard at my next office visit (open prim, drag notecards into my inventory, done).

3-class chair: a seat (black square) that allows the avatar to raise or wave his/her/its hand when attention is sought, during a conferencing type of event.

and other stuff. You can go and try them at CPCC Campus (116,245,33) -my SL office-, the survey is not complete as I just played a little with it.
Enjoy

No comments: