Monday, October 8, 2007

Twitter titbits

OK, you already know about Twitter (paragraphs 1 and 2 below). But do you know who's using it besides your friends? (paragraph 3 below)

"Twitter mashes up elements of social networking, journaling, and text-messaging to create a platform for people to stay in touch via quick updates of up to 140 characters.

Registered users receive their friends' messages instantly via mobile phone, web, or an RSS-reader-style desktop app [see Twitter apps under options. Mine's Twitbin]. And it turns out you can cram all sorts of info into such a small space.

The BBC twitters its headlines.
Online discounter Woot.com twitters its latest sale item.
Barack Obama and John Edwards twitter campaign messages."
Retrieved WIRED Geekipedia (oct 2007)

Have you notice the new action-words being used now? MUVEing, twittering, etc....Last time I checked, the Heritage American Language Dictionary does not recognize these ....yet ;)

1 comment:

Lorah said...

Yes, Twitter usage is surprising to me and...Have you tried googling yourself lately? My Twitter page came up as the third item down on the list and there are all my posts...Much more public than I thought it was. I'm more careful about what I say now.